Virus acts as a disease causing element in a computer and Antivirus serves as its doctor. Different viruses affect the computers in a different way and to a different extent. In order to keep the computer safe and threat free, the antivirus has to be good and updated regularly.
If your computer is not working properly even after scanning it repeatedly, it might be a possibility that the virus would have failed the functioning of your antivirus. In such cases, scan your computer online. We bring to you the Top 5 Online Virus Scanners which would act as a vaccine for such hazardous viruses.
1. Kaspersky Online Scanner- This fast and efficient online scanner is one of our favorites letting you scan your computer for malicious code and detecting spyware and virus with the method used by fully functional antivirus solution. It lets you scan individual files, drives, specific folders, e-mail related files individually according to the settings you have made. With frequent updates, this is one of the best detection online antivirus available.
2. BitDefender Online Scanner- This antivirus works only with IE and helps you remove malwares and spywares from your PC. It is used to scan your system’s memory, files, boot sectors, drives and clean up infected files. It lets you analyse how safe your computer actually is.
3. ESET Online Scanner- The antivirus can be used to remove viruses, spyware, trojans etc in a very user friendly manner. There is no need to install the antivirus on your system, it uses only your browser to scan. It uses ThreatSense Technology and is always up to date.
4. Panda Active Scan- It is easy to use and a very effective online antivirus which lets you remove more than 185,000 viruses, worms, Trojans from your system, hard disks and e-mails with just one click from your browser. It is also very effective in detecting spyware.
5. Avast! Online Scanner- This online antivirus lets you check your files and drives for different kind of threats and removes them automatically. It has a capability to scan individual files up to 512kb in size.
Installing an antivirus in your PC isn’t always enough, you should scan your PC online at least twice a month.